Clifton

Clifton was at the juncture of Farm roads 47 and 2475, seventeen miles northwest of Canton in northwest Van Zandt County. It had a population of fifteen, a seasonal industry, and scattered dwellings by 1936 and a population of twenty-five in 1939, but by 1965 only a single business remained at the townsite. Both the Enterprise and Bright Star newspapers were produced there. No population figures were recorded after 1939.

Continue Reading

Diana J. Kleiner | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Clifton is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Clifton is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 32.78290350
Longitude: -95.98274550

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No