Climax

Climax is at the intersection of Farm roads 1377 and 2756, five miles east of McKinney in central Collin County. It was first settled by William Warden, a farmer who moved to Texas from Missouri in 1844. In 1850 Warden received a Peters' Colony land certificate for 640 acres near the East Fork of the Trinity River. He settled there with his family shortly thereafter. By the mid-1890s the community had two gins, a grain elevator, a school, a church, a hotel, and a general store. A post office was established in 1895. Six years later mail service was discontinued and rerouted to Farmersville. Climax has served as a retail point for area farmers for most of its history. Its population was estimated at forty from 1940 through 2000.

Continue Reading

David Minor | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Climax is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

Yes

Place type

Climax is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 33.20483760
Longitude: -96.44970720

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No

Population Count, 2009

82