Cold Springs was fourteen miles southwest of Oglesby in southeastern Coryell County. It was named for a spring which flowed into Owl Creek. Tom and Elizabeth White gave land for a Baptist church in 1860. Residents received their mail from nearby Seattle, and children attended the Longview school. The establishment of the Fort Hood military reservation in the 1940s and its expansion in 1953 forced residents of Cold Springs to relocate. In 1965 the Cold Springs name was given to a church two miles southeast of Flat at the intersection of State Highway 36 and Farm Road 184. A few scattered houses appeared on maps of the area.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Cold Springs is part of or belongs to the following places:
Cold Springs is classified as a Town
- [within Fort Hood]
Has Post Office