Cold Springs

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby

Map of Mills County

Ridge, in an area once known as Cold Springs, is at the intersection of Farm roads 573 and 574, fifteen miles west of Goldthwaite in far western Mills County. The community was settled in the early 1890s and named when W. D. Aldridge secured a post office in his store and named it the last syllable of his own name. After 1915 the post office was replaced by rural delivery from Mullin. Maps of 1936 indicate a school district. Ridge had a church and cemetery in 1990. In 2000 the population was twenty-five.

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Cold Springs is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Cold Springs is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Ridge)

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No