Colony is on Farm Road 779 eight miles southeast of Emory in southeastern Rains County. It was first settled in the late nineteenth century. By 1904 a three-teacher school had an enrollment of 140. In the mid-1930s the settlement had a school, a church, and a number of scattered dwellings. After World War II the school closed, and in the early 1990s only a church and a cemetery remained. In 1991 and again in 2000 the reported population was seventy.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Colony is part of or belongs to the following places:
Colony is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Colony by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."