Colony Hill was on Farm Road 1750 near the site of the present Abilene Municipal Airport in northeastern Taylor County. Colony Hill school, named for a colony of Germans that had recently settled in the area, was started in 1878. In the early years of the settlement church services were held in the school building, until a Baptist Church was erected in 1898. In 1902 Colony Hill school served two teachers and eighty-one pupils. In 1921 the old plank school burned down and was replaced by a new brick building. The church and school were both gone by the 1940s, and by the 1980s the community site lay within the Abilene city limits.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Colony Hill is part of or belongs to the following places:
Colony Hill is classified as a Town
Has Post Office