Comal Town, in eastern Comal County, retained its original name for more than 100 years, though since 1847 it has been part of New Braunfels, from which it is separated only by the Comal River. Settlement at the site began in 1846, when the husband of Maria A. Veramendi Garza began selling plots from the lands granted by Coahuila and Texas to Juan Martín de Veramendi in 1831. Comal Town maintained its own public school for some time after the settlement in 1847 became Ward Two of New Braunfels and in 1852 the second polling place for the town. The Comal Town school census of 1856 listed twenty-five tuition pupils and nineteen poor and orphan children. In 1947 the two Comal Town elementary schools were a part of the New Braunfels Independent School District.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Comal Town is part of or belongs to the following places:
Comal Town is classified as a Town
Has Post Office