Comet

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby

Map of Marion County

Comet was two miles from Jefferson in central Marion County. It had a post office from 1891 to 1905. In 1892 it had two general stores, and J. O. Jackson was postmaster. The population of the community was estimated at ten in 1896, and in 1899 thirty pupils attended the Comet school. By 1936 the community was not marked on the county highway map.

Continue Reading

Mark Odintz | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Comet is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Comet is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Hart)

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No