Concord, on Farm Road 2263 seven miles northeast of Gilmer in north central Upshur County, was probably established before 1900. Around the turn of the century two schools were operating there; during the 1906–07 school year they had a combined enrollment of eighty-nine. In the mid-1930s the community had a school, a church, a store, a sawmill, and a number of scattered houses. After World War II many of its residents moved away, and the school was consolidated with the Gilmer school district. By the mid-1960s all that remained of the community was a church, a cemetery, and a few houses. The church and cemetery were still shown on county highway maps in the 1980s.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Concord is part of or belongs to the following places:
Concord is classified as a Town
Has Post Office