Concord Church

Concord Church is three miles west of Elmwood and eleven miles north of Palestine in northern Anderson County. In the 1930s the community had a church, a district school, and a number of scattered dwellings. In 1932 the Concord school served thirty-seven pupils. During that decade, however, it was consolidated with the Montalba schools. By 1985 Concord Church was a small crossroads community with a church, a cemetery, and several homes. Concord Baptist Church and Cemetery received a Texas Historical Marker in 1997. By 2000 county maps simply identified the community as Concord. No population estimates were available.

Continue Reading

Mark Odintz | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Concord Church is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Concord Church is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 31.91072090
Longitude: -95.68079220

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No