Conoley

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Milam County

Conoley was on Farm Road 486 four miles southeast of Thorndale in southwestern Milam County. It was named for Malcolm Campbell Conoley, a Presbyterian minister who came to the area in 1859. The community became a voting precinct in 1875. A church, a school, and a few scattered houses marked its location on county highway maps in 1941. The school was consolidated with the Thorndale Independent School District in 1946. Only the church and a cemetery appeared in 1988.

Continue Reading

Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Conoley is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Conoley is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 30.55825740
Longitude: -97.17082440

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No