Content

Content is a tiny rural community north of Farm Road 2904 about ten miles east of Temple in far eastern Bell County. Czech settlers farmed in the region in the late 1800s. In 1894 families established a two-room school. Trustees included Otto Wilde, Tom Wiese, H. L. and Edwin Holtkamp, and Lester Hoelscher. Content School closed in 1954, when it consolidated with the Rosebud Independent School District. In the 1980s the school building was used as a residence. Though the community of Content was no longer shown on highway maps by the 1990s, the 1990 and 2000 censuses listed a population of twenty-five.

Continue Reading

Laurie E. Jasinski | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Content is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

Yes

Place type

Content is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 31.08462500
Longitude: -97.16055170

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No

Population Count, 2009

25