Corinth was at the intersection of Farm roads 1324 and 248 and State Highway 49, on the Missouri Pacific Railroad three miles northeast of Jefferson in central Marion County. In 1936 the community had a school, a church, a factory, three roadside businesses, and a number of scattered dwellings. The Corinth school in 1938 was a one-room schoolhouse which accommodated forty black elementary school students and one teacher. The local school was consolidated with those of Jefferson by 1955, and by 1962 only the church and cemetery remained at Corinth. By 1983 the church was gone, and the cemetery was no longer marked on the county highway map.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Corinth is part of or belongs to the following places:
Corinth is classified as a Town
Has Post Office