Corinth

Corinth is on Farm Road 1915 some ten miles west of Cameron in western Milam County. It was settled by Czechs and Germans in 1847 and was named for the biblical city of Corinth, Greece. Corinth served as the judicial seat of Precinct Six until 1892, when the office of the justice of the peace was moved to Buckholts. The school at Corinth had two teachers and ninety-seven students in 1903. The 1941 county highway map showed a cemetery, a school, and several scattered houses at the site. The local school was consolidated with the Buckholts district in 1950. Only a cemetery marked the community's location on the 1988 county highway map.

Continue Reading

Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Corinth is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Corinth is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 30.84463360
Longitude: -97.14027000

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No