County Line

Upshaw, a rural community on Farm Road 343 eighteen miles northwest of Nacogdoches in northwestern Nacogdoches County, was settled before 1900. The community was founded as a freedmen's settlement, and was called County Line in the early years. By the mid-1930s the community was called Upshaw and had a school, a church, a store, and a number of houses. After World War II many of the residents moved away, but in the early 1990s two churches, a school, and a cemetery remained. No population estimates are available.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

County Line is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

County Line is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Upshaw)

Location

Latitude: 31.72184300
Longitude: -94.93743790

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No