Cove Spring

Cove Spring (Cove Springs), a farming community four miles east of Melrose in eastern Nacogdoches County, was settled before the Civil War and was the site of one of the earliest churches in the county. In 1858 Daniel H. Vail donated thirty acres there for a church and school. The community has for many years been the site of an annual reunion and singing convention the second Sunday in October. In the early 1990s a church, a cemetery, and a few scattered houses still remained in the area.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Cove Spring is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Cove Spring is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • [-s]

Location

Latitude: 31.56620900
Longitude: -94.42463000

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No