Coxville

Coxville was fifteen miles southwest of Bastrop in western Bastrop County. A post office was established there in 1888, with John A. J. Cox as postmaster. In the 1890s the community also had a general store, a corn mill and gin, a Baptist church, and a district school. Its post office was discontinued in 1906, and by the late 1940s no evidence of Coxville was shown on county highway maps.

Continue Reading

Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Coxville is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Coxville is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • [Cox's Store]

Location

Latitude: 30.03494060
Longitude: -97.50694110

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No