Craig-Tranquil

Craig-Tranquil was a church community 3½ miles northeast of Cooper in central Delta County. The area was settled by 1854, when local residents deeded property to the Craig-Tranquil Methodist Episcopal Church, South. The Tranquil school had opened by 1905, when it enrolled twenty-six pupils and employed one teacher. In 1928 this school merged with the nearby Craig Prairie school to form the Craig-Tranquil district. In 1949 this system was divided between the Enloe and Cooper school districts. By 1964 the community was no longer shown on maps.

Continue Reading

Vista K. McCroskey | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Craig-Tranquil is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Craig-Tranquil is classified as a Town

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No