Tuff, also known as Crockett, was located twenty-five miles west of Bandera in western Bandera County. A school was built there in 1883 on land donated by Andy Crockett. A post office called Tuff was established in 1901 with Ola Adams as postmistress. In 1914 the community had a general store and fifty residents, but by 1925 the population had fallen to ten. When the Tuff post office was discontinued in 1926, mail for the community was sent to Medina. The school at Tuff was consolidated with the Medina district in 1930. The community was not marked on county highway maps in the 1940s, but in the early 1990s development began on an open-air museum of log cabins collected from the area and reconstructed at the site of the old Tuff school. By 2000, other than the renovated cabins, Tuff was virtually a ghost town and was not shown on maps.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Crockett is part of or belongs to the following places:
Crockett is classified as a Town
Has Post Office