Cross Roads

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Upshur County Texas

Cross Roads (Crossroads), eight miles southwest of Gilmer on the old Gilmer-Big Sandy highway in southwestern Upshur County, was probably established around 1900. In the mid-1930s it had a church, a school, and a number of houses. After World War II many of its residents moved away, and the school was consolidated with the Big Sandy school district. By the mid-1960s all that remained of the community was a few scattered houses, among them the Gage House, one of the oldest houses in the county. Nearby was the Lone Pilgrim Primitive Baptist Church.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Cross Roads is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Cross Roads is classified as a Town

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No