Crossroads

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Harrison County

Crossroads is named for its location at the intersection of Farm roads 31, 2625, and 2199, nine miles southeast of Marshall in southeastern Harrison County. The settlement was founded before 1897, when the Crossroads school served twenty-three pupils. In 1904 the community had four schools serving 416 Black pupils and sixty-three White pupils. In 1965 Crossroads had two general stores facing each other across Farm Road 31, and in 1990 the site had two churches, a cemetery, and several scattered dwellings. In 2000 the population was 100.

Continue Reading

Mark Odintz | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Crossroads is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

Yes

Place type

Crossroads is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 32.44848690
Longitude: -94.23769240

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No

Population Count, 2009

100