Crossroads

Crossroads, near the site that became Horton, twelve miles northeast of Carthage in northeastern Panola County, was established after the Civil War. A school was operating there by 1897, when it had an enrollment of forty-six. In the mid-1930s the settlement had a church, a school, and a number of houses. Its school was later consolidated with the DeBerry school, and by the mid-1960s only a cemetery and a few scattered houses remained in the area.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Crossroads is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Crossroads is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Horton)

Location

Latitude: 32.31849060
Longitude: -94.27269420

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No