Dameron City

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby

Map of Midland County

Dameron City, about 1½ miles from the old Midkiff post office in southeastern Midland County, was established in 1911. The townsite was promoted by two men named Willis and Kersner and may have been named after another promoter. Although some construction occurred there and a school was started, the community was abandoned two years later when its founders went broke. Workmen from Midland lumberyards salvaged much of the townsite's building material.

Continue Reading

Charles G. Davis | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Dameron City is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Dameron City is classified as a Town

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No