Darden Spring

Darden Springs (Darden Spring) was a farming community near the spring of the same name, sixteen miles northwest of Giddings in northwestern Lee County. A post office operated there from 1887 to 1899, and Dr. W. B. Darden, after whom the settlement was named, was postmaster. In 1891 the community had a cotton gin and gristmill. Its population in 1896 was estimated at twenty. By the mid-1930s the settlement was no longer shown on county highway maps.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Darden Spring is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Darden Spring is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • [-Springs]

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No