Dauphin

Dauphin was a flag stop on the St. Louis Southwestern Railway 5½ miles southwest of Athens in central Henderson County. A post office operated there from 1895 to 1904. After the railroad suspended service, most of the residents moved away, but as late as the mid-1930s a store and a church were in the area. In the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained in the vicinity.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Dauphin is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Dauphin is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Frances)

Location

Latitude: 32.18709620
Longitude: -95.91663270

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No