Days Chapel

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Anderson County

Days Chapel, also known as Day School, is near the intersection of Farm Road 1817 and a country road ten miles southeast of Palestine in southeastern Anderson County. In the 1930s the site had a number of dwellings, a church, and a district school for White students. The Day school served some sixty-two pupils in 1932. A school for Black students was two miles to the east in the Union Hope Church community. The Day school had consolidated with that of Slocum by 1955, and by 1982 Days Chapel had a few scattered dwellings and a church. In 1985 the church was still standing. By 2000 Days Chapel was no longer shown on maps.

Continue Reading

Mark Odintz | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Days Chapel is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Days Chapel is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • [Day School]

Location

Latitude: 31.65934100
Longitude: -95.51495200

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No