Dixie was ten miles northwest of Brookston and sixteen northwest of Paris in northwestern Lamar County. The area was occupied by 1890 when a post office opened. In 1892 postmaster C. Stuckey reported that local businesses were a masonry, a blacksmith shop, and several flour mills. At that time mail was received by special delivery, and the community had one teacher, F. M. Walky. The Dixie school reported twenty-eight students and two teachers in 1896. The community's post office closed in 1905, and Dixie no longer appeared on maps by 1936.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Dixie is part of or belongs to the following places:
Dixie is classified as a Town
Has Post Office