Dodd

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Castro County

Dodd, on Farm Road 303 eighteen miles southwest of Dimmitt in the southwestern corner of Castro County, is named for a family that settled there in the early 1900s. Until 1945 students attended Big Square School, north of Dodd. After 1945, however, that school district was consolidated with the Springlake and Dimmitt schools. Dodd reported a store, a grain elevator, a gin, and a population of thirty-five through the 1970s and 1980s. In 1990 the population was still thirty-five, but it dropped to fifteen in 2000.

Continue Reading

H. Allen Anderson | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Dodd is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

Yes

Place type

Dodd is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 34.33507700
Longitude: -102.47908910

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No

Population Count, 2009

12