Dothan, near the Callahan county line seven miles west of Cisco in northwestern Eastland County, is on the former site of a depot established as Delmar when the Texas and Pacific Railway built through the area in 1880. Within a year or two, Delmar apparently ceased to exist, as the focus of local rail activity shifted to Red Gap and then to Cisco in 1882. A new community named Dothan sprang up at the site and gained a post office in 1902. A school was established soon afterward, and by 1915 Dothan reported a population of fifty. The community's school was closed in 1940, by which time the population had declined to twenty, a level it still retained in 1990 and 2000.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Dothan is part of or belongs to the following places:
Dothan is classified as a Town
Has Post Office