Dyersdale

Dyersdale is on Farm Road 527 and the Missouri Pacific line (formerly the Beaumont, Sour Lake and Western Railway) six miles northeast of Houston in northeastern Harris County. It was named for Clement C. Dyer, a colonist in Stephen F. Austin's Old Three Hundred. Dyersdale had a post office from 1913 to 1917. In 1914 the community had a lumber company and a population of 250. The 1936 county highway map showed the William G. Smiley school and scattered dwellings at the townsite. A local oilfield that opened in the mid-1930s was still in production in 1946. In the 1980s the area had a church, a trailer park, and an abandoned railroad station.

Continue Reading

Claudia Hazlewood | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Dyersdale is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Dyersdale is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 29.89161240
Longitude: -95.25771180

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No