East Delta

East Delta, on Farm Road 895 a mile northeast of Charleston in eastern Delta County, was established in 1939 as the site of the East Delta district school. This school was created by the consolidation of the Charleston, Vasco, Cleveland, and Long Ridge schools. By 1964 the facility had closed, but maps identified the East Delta church and cemetery and the Union Grove cemetery in the area. Local students attended school within the Cooper Independent School District by 1970. East Delta had a reported population of fifty in 1990 and 2000.

Continue Reading

Vista K. McCroskey | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

East Delta is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

Yes

Place type

East Delta is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 33.39344310
Longitude: -95.51300970

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No

Population Count, 2009

60