Eden

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Nacogdoches County

Eden, on Farm Road 225 some twelve miles west of Nacogdoches in western Nacogdoches County, had a small school and church in 1897. The school, known as Longview, was at a site on Dick Clevenger's farm and at one time had thirty-three students. In 1924 another building was established on the property of Tom Collins, but after 1947 the Eden school was consolidated with that of Douglass. A cemetery and a community center remained in the area in the 1980s.

Continue Reading

Kim Perkins | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Eden is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

Yes

Place type

Eden is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 31.59267860
Longitude: -94.84937920

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No

Population Count, 2009

100