Edge is on Farm Road 974 near Caney Creek fourteen miles north of Bryan in northeast Brazos County. The community, named for Dr. John Edge, who founded it in the 1870s, was one of several Brazos County settlements near the Old San Antonio Road. A post office operated there from 1894 until after 1930. The first store was established by the three Edge brothers. By 1896–97 Edge had two churches, a post office, and eleven businesses. In 1900 W. H. McMichael opened a general store from which the post office was operated; that year a drugstore opened and the population was twenty-five. A cotton gin was added by J. M. Lawless in 1906. By 1910 the population had grown to fifty. Edge High School opened in 1912 and burned in 1940. The school district was consolidated with Kurten in 1946. Maps of 1948 indicate three churches and four businesses in and near Edge. By 1933 the population had reached 100, which was still the count in 2000.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Edge is part of or belongs to the following places:
Edge is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Population Count, 2009