Elbert, on State Highway 79 and Farm Road 1711 in eastern Throckmorton County, was established in the late nineteenth century to serve the needs of ranchers headquartered to the north on the Brazos River. By 1904 Elbert had a post office, and by 1915 it had thirty residents and a gin operated by W. F. Parsley. From 1940 until 1990 Elbert reported a population of 150. In 2000 the population was fifty-six.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Elbert is part of or belongs to the following places:
Elbert is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Elbert by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."
|29||2020||United States Census Bureau|
|21||2019||Texas Demographic Center|
|30||2010||United States Census Bureau|
|56||2000||United States Census Bureau|