Elbert

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Polk County

Elbert was north of Dallardsville and about sixty miles northwest of Beaumont in extreme eastern Polk County. Elbert Harrison owned a store at the site. A post office, named Elbert in honor of the merchant, operated there from 1891 to 1896. The community was not shown on county highway maps for the early 1980s.

Continue Reading

Robert Wooster | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Elbert is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Elbert is classified as a Town

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No