Elliott is at the intersection of U.S. Highway 79 and Farm Road 2549, five miles north of Hearne in western Robertson County. It was established in 1871 as a station on the International-Great Northern Railroad and named for the settler who gave land for the townsite. A post office named Una operated there from 1890 until 1892, when the community's population was thirty. In 1900 T. W. McNeil's general store marked the townsite. An Elliott post office operated from 1895 until 1916, when the population had decreased to twenty. In 1947 two churches, a school, a business, and scattered dwellings remained there. In 1988 Elliott still had a church and several dwellings, and in 2000 the population was fifty-five.
Elliott is part of or belongs to the following places:
Elliott is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Elliott by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."