Ellis Chapel

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Van Zandt County

Ellis Chapel was just south of Farm Road 1395 and twelve miles northwest of Canton in northwestern Van Zandt County. It had a school in 1890 that reached an enrollment of fifty-one in 1905. In 1917 Ellis Chapel merged with Woodall to form Elwood. A cemetery was still shown at the site on county highway maps in the late 1980s.

Continue Reading

Diana J. Kleiner | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Ellis Chapel is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Ellis Chapel is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Elwood)

Location

Latitude: 32.73373860
Longitude: -95.91774420

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No