Elm, on Farm Road 514 seven miles northeast of Emory in northeastern Rains County, was first formed around the time of the Civil War. It had a school that had an enrollment of twenty-nine in 1904. In the mid-1930s the settlement had a school, a church, and a number of scattered dwellings. After World War II the school closed, and in the early 1990s only a church and cemetery remained at the site.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Elm is part of or belongs to the following places:
Elm is classified as a Town
Has Post Office