Equality was sixteen miles northwest of Marshall in northwestern Harrison County. It had a post office that served both Marion and Harrison county residents from 1882 to 1900. In 1884 Equality had a population of forty-five, two churches, a district school, and two steam gristmills and cotton gins and had become a cotton-shipping point. By 1890 it had a sawmill and a general store and by 1896 Baptist, Methodist, and Disciples of Christ churches. The community was not listed on the state highway map of 1948.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Equality is part of or belongs to the following places:
Equality is classified as a Town
Has Post Office