Equestria was nine miles southwest of Cleburne in southwestern Johnson County. It grew up around a cotton gin in the late 1870s. From 1883 to 1896 Equestria had a post office. By 1884 it had a church, a steam cotton gin, and a population of ten. Stock raising was important in the area, but the community also shipped corn, cotton, wheat, and oats. In 1892 its population was estimated at nineteen. There is no evidence to suggest that the community survived to the twentieth century.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Equestria is part of or belongs to the following places:
Equestria is classified as a Town
- (Lone Willow)
Has Post Office