Erudia

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Collin County

Erudia, ten miles west of McKinney in extreme western Collin County, was probably named by settler William Allen, after a character in his Erudia, the Foreign Missionary to Our World (1890). Erudia got a post office in 1895; in 1902 it was closed and mail was routed through Frisco. After the early 1900s Erudia disappeared from county maps.

Continue Reading

Laurie E. Jasinski | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Erudia is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Erudia is classified as a Town

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No