Esbon

Esbon, near San Fernando Creek in northwestern Llano County, was originally called Simpson's Bend for five Simpson brothers who settled at the site. The settlement was a post office as early as 1904, and Jeff Harlow, the postmaster, built a gin there by 1914. Esbon reported a store and a population of twenty-five from 1933 to the late 1940s; during the mid-1960s its population was estimated at thirty. In the early 1980s the Esbon community was named on county highway maps, but no buildings were shown at the site.

Continue Reading

Alice Gray Upchurch | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Esbon is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Esbon is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Almon)
  • (Bristow)
  • (Simpson's Bend)
  • (Slayden)

Location

Latitude: 30.86192600
Longitude: -98.92180900

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No