Eunice is on State Highway 7 some fourteen miles east of Centerville in eastern Leon County. It was founded in the mid-1800s by John Morrison and was originally known as Morrison's Chapel. In 1907 a Eunice post office was established there in the store of Charles J. Hogan, who served as the first postmaster; the post office was named after his daughter. By 1914 the Eunice community had a population of 100, a livestock breeder, and a general store. In 1934 its post office was discontinued, and mail was rerouted through Nineveh. Eunice reported a population of twenty-five in 1940. A 1964 map shows about ten buildings and the Victory Church at the site. Eunice is labeled on the 1983 highway map, but no buildings are shown there.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Eunice is part of or belongs to the following places:
Eunice is classified as a Town
- (Morrison's Chapel)
Has Post Office