Fairview is a rural community located on State Highway 21 about four miles southwest of downtown Bryan in western Brazos County. An African-American farming settlement had existed there for several decades by the early 1930s when a school was established. Resident Evelyn Hall suggested the name of Fairview for the school. In 1945 Fairview Baptist Church was established, and a church building was constructed the following year. In the mid-1900s the two-room school operated as a day care center after students were bussed to nearby Bryan. The community also had a grocery store operated by Allen Smothers. By the late 1900s the school building was used as a community center. No population estimates were available for Fairview in 2000.
Fairview is part of or belongs to the following places:
Fairview is classified as a Town
Has Post Office