Fairview is located about five miles southeast of Lufkin at the intersection on Farm Road 58 and 2108. Fairview began as an agricultural community and was named for Fairview Baptist Church, which was organized in 1896. Its charter members were Mr. and Mrs. G. O. Allen, G.H. Allen, Mr. and Mrs. F.M. Cole, F.V. Cole, Mr. and Mrs. A.T. Ellis, M.J. Ellis, Mr. and Mrs. T.N. Hampton and Ida Gann. C. B. George served as the first pastor. In the late 1800s the Angelina County School Board created Fairview Common School District Number 69. A one-room schoolhouse was built and served students from a wide rural area. The first school term in 1898 was five months long. Students met at Fairview Baptist Church from about 1905 until 1913, when the county school board reorganized the common school districts. In 1915 land was purchased for a school site, and a two-room schoolhouse was constructed in 1917. In the 1940s a cafeteria and an auditorium were added. The school became a community center for area residents, served as a voting place, and hosted social activities and holiday events. In addition to providing an education for grades one through seven, the Fairview School also hosted agricultural programs for farmers. Government advisors gave instruction on techniques to increase production of cattle and the local crops of peanuts, corn, and cotton. The school closed in 1963 and was consolidated with the Lufkin School District. The community declined in the late 1960s and early 1970s. In 2000 the population was listed as ten. Fairview was not shown on county highway maps.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Fairview is part of or belongs to the following places:
Fairview is classified as a Town
Has Post Office