Fancher, southwest of the site of what is now Seymour in western Baylor County, served as a stop for the Wichita Valley line after the train built through the area in 1908. A school was built in 1918 on land given by Alex Fancher, for whom the community was apparently named, and remained active until 1929. The community still functioned as a railroad station in the early 1950s, although 1980 county maps gave no evidence of its former location.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Fancher is part of or belongs to the following places:
Fancher is classified as a Town
Has Post Office