Fauna

Fauna, on U.S. Highway 90 at the southern end of Sheldon Reservoir, five miles northeast of Houston in east central Harris County, began as a station on the Texas and New Orleans Railroad. A post office was established there in 1903 and was probably discontinued in the 1930s. By the 1960s the Beaumont Place subdivision had been developed west of the former townsite, of which only an abandoned railroad station and scattered dwellings remained.

Continue Reading

Diana J. Kleiner | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Fauna is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Fauna is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 29.84355800
Longitude: -95.18548810

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No