Fayetteville

Fayetteville was on the east side of the Brazos River within the Isaacks/Whitehead Survey six miles from Fort Bend (now Richmond) in northeastern Fort Bend County. Jesse H. Cartwright advertised the town as early as June 1836 and proposed that it be made the county seat. The site received only twenty votes in the county seat election, and the town project was abandoned.

Continue Reading

Leonie Weyand | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Fayetteville is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Fayetteville is classified as a Town

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No