Field

Field, a farming community off Farm Road 90 twelve miles west of Canton in extreme western Van Zandt County, had a school in 1890 and a church by 1936. State highway maps showed the church, a cemetery, and scattered dwellings at the townsite in 1987.

Continue Reading

Diana J. Kleiner | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Field is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Field is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 32.51458180
Longitude: -96.06858250

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No