Lakeland was seven miles north of Liberty in central Liberty County. The agricultural community was the site of a gristmill, a sawmill, a cotton gin, and a schoolhouse. The Lakeland post office was established in 1904 with William Finley as postmaster. It was discontinued in 1931, and the site of the old Lakeland community, estimated to have had a population of seventy-five in 1910, was soon developed as part of the Hardin oilfield, discovered in 1935.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Finley is part of or belongs to the following places:
Finley is classified as a Town
Has Post Office